What kind of cafe? >>Find Internet/Manga CafesInternet cafe, which is familir with all over the world, is a cafe in which you can access internet. On the other hand, Manga cafe is a cafe where you can read a bunch of mangas, the Japanese word for comics and print cartoon. You will be surprised at how many mangas are available at a cafe (usually 20,000 mangas or more but limited to only Japanese language). In Japan, Internet cafe and Manga cafe are used synonymously ,because both have manga and intenet. So, those who go there to read books call it Manga cafe while those who go for internet call it internet cafe.
Internet Cafe (Manga cafe) has many large bookshelfs in which popular mangas, weekly magazines and even daily papers are available. Customers are charged by time, while you can read mangas or use internet during the time. As internet evolves and the competition among internet cafes (Manga cafes) are getting fierce, even on-line games are becoming available At internet cafe (Manga cafe), usually you can help yourself drink soda, juice, coffe and tea as many as you want.
Lots of magazines
IMAGE coming soon
IMAGE coming soon
Your own world in Internet Cafe (Manga cafe)When you read manga or use internet, you don't want to be distracted, don't you. That's why internet cafe (Manga cafe) in Japan provides private room instead of spacious area. You can read, access, watch DVD or TV in our own room. If you get hungry, you can even order food there! Also, most intenet cafe (Manga cafe) downtown Tokyo are available for 24 hours. If you miss your last train, go there and take a nap before the first train runs.
Basic amenity in Internet Cafes (Manga cafe) >>Find Internet/Manga Cafes - Free drink
- Intenet access desk top PC
Available depending on each cafe
- Shower room
- Massage chair
Room Type in Internet Cafe (Manga Cafes) You are required to decide what kind of rooms you prefer at a reception. Typically, you can select your room from private room, couple seat room, flat room, or reclining chair room. You can also choose smoking or non-smoking for these rooms. Choose the best one for your purpose.
1. Private roomYou can have your own space, which has partation. Therefore, a private rooom is best place if you want to concentrate on your stuff. It is not large, though (1.5m2 size). However, although Japanese call it a private room, it is not completely separated. [From the outside of a private room, you can not figure out the person inside, but you can see his/her legs…Also, upperside of your room is open.] Therefore, when you wacth the TV or listen music, you need to put earphone on.
2. Open spaceNo partation. There are several seats around one big table. Because of the increase of pricate room, the number or space of this type is getting smaller. Good for those who don't like the narrow space.
3. Couple seatThis is a private room for a couple. You can watch TV, DVD and play TV game with your partner. Same as the single private room, there is no lock . On the other hand, it is wide enouogh for two people to relax inside.
4. Reclining chair roomIt is a private room with a reclining chair.
5. Flat seat room:No chair in a private room. Take your shoes off, just lay down and relax. Best room for those who want to take a nap.
How much at Internet Cafe (Manga Cafe)? >>Find Internet/Manga CafesGenerally, it is charged on hourly basis. Type of room have nothing to do with fee. In most internet cafe (manga cafe), they will require a minimum payment of 300yen to 500yen for a fisrt one hour. If yu want to stay more, you will be charged by 30 minutes basis. You are to pay when you go out. (You will be handed a paper recording when you entered at the reception an internet cafe.)
In addition, they usually provide three hour or five hour plan, which discount you on a normal hourly basis fee. Note it is non-refundable even if you leave the internet cafe (managa kissa) before the time expires.
Internet cafe (Manga cafe) frequent userIf you are one of those guys below, internet cafe (Manga cafe) is the nice place!
- Those who wants to read manga.
- Those who can't access internet at home
- Those who suddenly need to use internet
- Those who want to play on-line game
- Those who miss the last train
- Those who want to kill time
- Those who don't have place to return….
>>Find Internet/Manga Cafes
>>Modern Tokyo Top Page